Design-Build project delivery is an arrangement whereby the owner contracts with one entity for the design and construction of a project.
If an owner chooses to utilize the Design-Build delivery method the full responsibility of the project would be handled by Stier Construction as follows:
- A single contract between the owner and Stier Construction is agreed upon.
- The Architect for Stier Construction prepares plans and specifications.
- Stier Construction provides estimating and cont control during design to keep the project in budget.
- Upon drawing completion Stier Construction competitively bids the design documents to multiple subcontractors.
- A construction cost and schedule is prepared by Stier Construction.
- Construction of the project will utilize subcontractors and self performance of Stier Construction’s skilled trade workers.
- Complete construction oversight and payment of subcontrractors is the responsibility of Stier Construction.
- Warranty of the construction work is included.